Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I got a second job!!


So, this is how all of you can now keep up on my life! I will try to update it even more. So, this is what has been happening with me....Lots going on, let me tell you...
So I am super busy with school...lots of assignments, tests, etc. So, Sunday was my birthday! It was great, I went to church, had meetings, went to Catholic mass in Spanish, my first time at Mass. It was great and interesting! :) IT was fun though. I had some friends make me pie, I got to do some reading, and then I had some friends over and we had crepes! THey were super tasty thanks to Linds! What a woman! She made sooo many crepes! She is a pro now!

My big news for the week however is that I found a second job and I am soooo excited! IT fell into my lap and is perfect for what I want to do. I am wanting to pursue a masters in Public Health and need experience in the area to get into the programs that I would like; I am interested in Global health, social and behavioral health, and/or maternal and child health. I don't know really what I want to do other than work for an NGO (non-profit). So, I was thinking that I would have wanted to get some experience at BYU, it would have been great to have been a research assistant and do stuff in the field. So, lo and behold the Lord blessed me and it feel into my lap. The next day in class, a professor I have previously had walks into my class and announces that she is looking for a research assistant...badabing, badaboom! A lot of people applied for the job...I think I was the last one she interviewed. Two hours after my interview she emailed me to tell me she thought I would be best fit for the position!!!!! I was way pumped!

So, they have been working on this research project with WIC! Funny, becuase a few months ago I looked into positions at WIC and what I could do there! Let's just say the stars were aligned! The Lord works in mysterious ways, everything has a purpose. I may be translating some of the surveys into Spanish, writing surveyrs, possibly writing classes in exercise for children, etc. IT is just a part time position but it is perfect! It is exactly what I was wanting to do! I was officially hired today and will start on Monday! I Love knowing and seeing how the Lord is on your side and has HIs hand in every step of the way.

That's me! Just can't wait to graduate and go out to DC! THough, yes, I will miss things about Provo...mainly the people!

One last thing...a word of advice...if you are in teh baptismal font at the temple...don't hiccup...it is embarrassing and scares the half asleep old guys to death, seeing how they can't hear anything, the sharp loud noice ecchos and I think even woke the dead...they also asked me later where I was hiding the bottle...:) But if you ever want everyone to freeze, stop what they are doing and stare at you, works great, trust me! I love working at the temple! :) It is never boring that is for sure!

1 comment:

Justin and LeAnne said...

Congrats at the job. That's so cool. Now all you have to do is find time to breath :-).