Sunday, August 30, 2009

White House

Here is the White House...doesn't change much does it? Apparently you can still go on tours but you have to write your congressman to get tickets...you do the same to get tours of the Capital.


Goals: keep all of you updated through my blog with pics and writing. I feel like it is a mission again that you guys all need weekly emails/updates, or even more so often. They will probably die down once we are in the schools because we won't have as much time to tour.

In the metro goal: I want to sit by people I don't know and hand out pass along cards!

First day at church today, WE HAVE SISTER MISSIONARIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even tell you how pumped I am for that. I talked to one of them today and we swapped phone numbers. They even called me today to go to a fireside with an investigator but I didn't have a car so it didn't work out! boo...I can't wait to accompany them, go on splits, or whatever they want me or need me to do. I really want to take advantage of having missionary experiences out here and bringing up the church in any way I can and as often as I can! I LOVE being in a place where people don't know the Gospel and you can bring it up...it is soooooooo different in English though, weird I know. It is funny because I am naturally timid to bring it up and do it but then I think, "Jamie you did it for 19 months of your life..hello!!! OF course you can do it!"

We have 300 people in the singles ward here...huge! and we even have relatively small boundaries. I saw people there that I recognize from BYU, funny. Lots of people come here though to intern. Lots of people work on Capital Hill, are very successful adn ambitious. I was shocked to see so many Audi cars and VW's the the parking lot this morning. Our chapel is a half hour way next to Mount Vernon...SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo pretty the drive. SO pretty! Tons of trees and just lush and green! B-E-A-UTIFUL. There is such a huge biking community here and amazing bike trails. I want to buy an old bike. I ran into a kid I know from my last BYU ward at the Lincoln Memorial...random, who does that right? Small world in the LDS/BYU world.

That pretty much sums up all the high points...just trying to get everything in before we have to start actually working...boo.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Thank you for the pics and update! Will start checking your blog more often! :)

Mom said...

Let me know if you want me to call in for you some tickets!

Sarah said...

sounds so fun! Good luck!

Lyndsi Shae* said...

I am lovin this follow-the-Jamie-journey on your blog. Sweet! Your roommate Chanel looks familiar, pretty sure she knows Amanda Kizerian. But maybe you knew that. I believe in you! Rock your new life mission!