Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Where am I going to be?!?!?!

Take a look... I could be at Woodrow Wilson High... http://www.wilsonhs.org/web/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1 ... or at Duke Ellington - School of the Arts ... http://www.ellingtonschool.org/home/index.html . They ended up getting me two placements and now we can't decide between the two. Wilson is a very urban inner city school. about 50% or more of the students are black. There are bigger classes and more discipline problems. Or Ellington that is a school of the arts and so they don't even have athletic teams. Not all the students take PE because they are dancers. The other artists have to take PE. The PE teacher now isn't even a PE teacher but a dance teacher. I would have to build the program and pretty much do it on my own. Oh and the school doesn't really have facilities nor does it have equipment. However, this school has smaller classes and is located right next to Georgetown. We may possibly be able to check out their equipment. So, what do to? Where should I chose? Who needs me most? Where can I make the biggest difference? Either way it is going to be a fantastic experiences. What to do, what to do...

3 comments:

Justin and LeAnne said...

sounds like you have already made a choice. Just by reading your comments. READ IT again and youll know.

leigh said...

wilson! wilson! you know you want to hang out with the me and jessica and hang out with all the ghetto kids.

Jake said...

I am so jealous you are there. I REALLY wish we could make a trip out that direction. Maybe someday.