Thursday, September 17, 2009

Week 3

We are not totally planned or have things figured out. She is still working through the health class to schedule thigns out and see how and what she wants to do. We are trying to get guest speakers to come in and present things to the students.I am supposed to be working on that to find someone to come in within the next couple of weeks. I went in yesterday from 9 to 2 to work on her grading while she was in meetings. I got all of her things graded and her grades entered. We have been doing the Presidential Fitness Testing this week so we have been testing their sit-ups, push-ups, sit adn reach, and mile run. She has been letting me help with that and so I am slowly learning their names. In teh Health Class whiel they were doing hteir work I was able to go around and talk to the students and help them with their work. I had a neat chat with a Colombian kid. We spoke in Spanish and his face lit up when he realized I spoke Spanish as well. Nicole and I are going to need pointers in the classroom with classroom management. I know some techniques and feel confidant doing it but little hints or tricks are always helpful to know.

Nicole is also very interested in doing her Family History. I am going to find a place close to her and take her to the Family History Library by where she lives to get her going on that.

Nicole's job is also in jeopardy with the budget cuts. She is very nervous about that since she is so new and doesn't not have her credentials. By Monday she will know for sure if she has her job or not.

No comments: