Saturday, September 05, 2009

I LOVE THE EAST COAST!


So, the more and more I see of Virginia and the surrounding areas the more I love it. The bad thing...everyone is going around on their bikes and I don't have one. I think everyone is sick of me talking about bikes...ahaha...I am sick of it...I just want to ride!!!!!! :)

Here are some pictures of the last few days...


Thomas Jefferson Memorial.

Amazing, there will be more pictures for this as well...great times...we went to Costco...we don't have a car...so, we took the grocery cart home with us...did we take it back? no...we left it outside the door of the other apartment of girls that are here with us as a prank. In return , they smother us with their kindness! Boo.
This would be ranked as one of my favorite monuments of all time. It is the Pentagon Memorial for September 11th. Each one of those lights is a bench and under neath them is running water. Each bench represents a person that died and on it has the person's name. The benches facing the left represent the people that died who were on the plane and the benches facing the right are those who were in the Pentagon. If you see a name in the water it is showing that someone else they were related to died in the tragedy. Each row of benches represents the year that the person was born in. Fascinating! We only went at night, we need to go back in the day too!

!
!
This is in Western Virginia. We were in Virginia, DC, Maryland, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania today! WOW! Below are pictures of Harper's Ferry. Cool place!
This is the Shahnama River...
This is an old church at Harper's Ferry.

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gettysburg...there will be more pictures to follow. My camera died so I relied the rest of the day on others!



This is my room roomie, Chanel. She thinks she is funny...she calls me Polly Pocket...go figure! I know...I don't know where the nick name came from either!

No comments: