Friday, September 25, 2009

Random pics from my phone

Old Town Alexandria. His name is Jamey and he is playing the glasses! AMAZING!
Nationals vs Dodgers!

Amazing view from Alexandria on my bike ride!


Random things that have happened within the week...

- a fight broke out when I was the only teacher on the field...and what did I do...I RAN! lol I ran for help! No way I am going to break that up!

- went to teh National Book Festival at the National Mall

- went to Eastern Market, a farmers market adn got free fruit! mmmm

- went to the Natural History Museum

-went to the temple

- went to the Portrait Gallery

- hitchhiked from the temple after missing our bus...:)

- taught a health class when I was told I was teaching it about a half hour before

- kicked some kid out of class

-taught golf

- worked, worked, and worked

-biked to school - took 45 min, it is so humid here I was DRENCHED by the time I got there and had to change clothes - and then biked home. Oh and, I didn't know how to get there, didn't look up the directions, just went!!!! I found my way just fine, there and back!

- had some of the "trouble" kids yell at me to get my attention and watch them to see how well they were doing. THey were fighting for my attention!

-had a kid from Colombia change everything about his countenance when he realized I spoke Spanish and understand him and his culture!

-the Dept Chair at the school in PE wants to get me hired on. She wants me to apply for a coaching position, be a permanent sub, adn later work for the school. She wants me to be the NEXT Wanda Oates! (that is her) to teach me everythign she knows! hahaha

-went to a Nationals game, they played the Dodgers

So much happens in one day, in one week...my time is flyingggggggggggggggg by here!! Those are a few things that sum up my exciting week!!

1 comment:

DAD said...

Good Job this is fun to read what is going on and how you are doing